Sometimes users of my WP Review Slider plugin are unable to find their Google Place ID. The standard way to find your Google Place ID is to use the Google Place ID Finder map. That works really well most of the time, but in some cases, it’s unable to find your business location. This might be because you don’t have a physical address or maybe it’s some sort of bug. However, there is another way…
- Open a Google Chrome or Firefox browser and enter your business name in the search. Make sure your location details come up on the right-hand side of the screen.
- Right-click on the “Write a review” button at the bottom of the business details on the right.
- Then click “Inspect”.
4. Now you are going to inspect the link element for the button.
5. Scroll over till you find the data-pid value.
Update 2-13-2023: If you still have trouble finding your Place ID, I have had some customers use the Chrome Extension GMB Everywhere with success.
If you are using this Place ID in my WP Review Slider plugin, then you would just paste it in and the plugin will download your Google reviews so you can show them off on your WordPress site.
Once you have your Place ID, you can create a direct link to your Google Reviews and a link for someone to submit a new Google Review. This will work with a regular business or a Service Area Business without an address.
How To Create a Direct Link to Your Reviews On Google
There are two different ways to create a link to your Google reviews. The first requires your Place Id that you got from the above steps. The second is to just link to a Google Map. I’ll go over both of them.
A Link to Your Reviews On Google.
Basically, you will use this URL…
and then just paste your Google Place Id to the end of it. Here’s an example of how it would look…
If you click that link you’ll notice that it will take you to a Google search page, but then also pop-open the reviews.
A Link to Your Reviews On a Google Map
The second method is to just link to your reviews on a Google Map. Here’s how you would do that.
- Search for your location on Google and click on the Map to bring up Google Maps
2. You can use this Map URL to share your location or you can click the number of reviews to open the reviews only.
3. If you click the total reviews it will take you to another URL that you can use that will show just the reviews.
How To Create a Leave a Google Review Link
If you want to a link that people can follow that allows them to write a review then just paste your Google Place Id at the end of this URL…
It will look like this…
And it will open a form like this on Google when they click on it…
I hope this was helpful, and again if you have a WordPress site and want to show off your reviews from over 90 sites then check out my WP Review Slider Pro plugin.