Do you want to increase your conversions? Then you should consider asking your customers for reviews through a Google review link! Many website owners are not aware of this, but Google reviews can become a valuable partner when it comes to establishing an effective online marketing strategy. In fact, a 2021 study showed that 81% of consumers used Google to evaluate local businesses before they made a purchase.
Not only do these business reviews help potential buyers make buying decisions, but they can also improve your search engine ranking considerably. Lastly, Google reviews can help you understand what customers like about your business and what they don’t – information you can then use to improve the products and services you offer.
In this article, we will explore how to create and share an effective Google review link and use it to optimize the feedback for your products and services across platforms to get better conversions for your site.
How to Create a Google Review Link To Get More Reviews
Many customers will be happy to review your business if you ask them to, but it’s always a great idea to make things easier for them. The best way to ensure you get a Google review, for example, is to share a link, so all they have to do is click on it and leave their opinion.
Option 1: Google Your Business
If this is the first time you’re using Google Reviews, you might be surprised to hear the best way to get started is just to Google your business’ name – as there will probably already be a business account linked to it. Many people call this method the “Google my business listing” or GMB, and it’s exactly what you think it is!
Once you find your company listing, go below the Google Maps area and click on the “Write a review” button. Then, wait for the review window to open and simply copy the link from the address bar. That’s it! You can use this link to ask others to leave their feedback. Whatever they write will appear on your listing directly.
There is one thing to keep in mind here; a downside, if you will. The link will look quite unattractive and clunky (this is also the case if you choose instead to use a Google review link generator). If you’re sending it to new customers to get more reviews, it can confuse them as it’s not easy to read at first glance.
This is why it’s always a great idea for small businesses to shorten the review address using a URL shortener. Two good examples are bit.ly and TinyURL.
Option 2: Use the Google Business Profile Manager To Create your Google Review Link
Another method you can use to get your Google Review link is to use the Google Business Profile Manager.
To do this, you will first need to log into your Google Business Profile Manager and navigate to the Home tab. Then, find the “Get More Reviews: Share review form” section and click on the “Share review form” button.
Your Google review link will appear right there, as well as your place ID and other relevant information like your company name or business name, phone number, and the number of reviews (this is an excellent customer feedback and reputation management tool, so you should check it out regardless!). All you have to do then is click on it (this will copy it). You can also share the link on social media platforms like Facebook, Whatsapp, and Twitter directly or send it via email.
How do you leverage your Google Review Link?
Now that you’ve got your hands on a direct link you can share, it’s time to consider what other things you can do with it besides sending it to your customers directly. So, let’s go through a few ideas!
Using the Google Review Link to Get More Reviews
There are a few different ways in which you can get more Google reviews to improve the local SEO for your site. For instance:
- One thing you can do is ask your existing customers directly via email or social media if they can write positive reviews for you (not that you would ever ask for negative reviews, at least not to show!). To make things a little more appealing, you can also offer a small discount in return for the review as an incentive!
- If you have a physical location, another thing you can do is create and print a Google review QR code. You can then display this code and allow customers to simply scan and leave a review.
- It’s also a good idea to create buttons saying “Review us on Google” (with the Google review link inside) and place them on relevant sections of your website or in a pop-up. For example, you can add this link on the footer, the checkout page, a designated customer reviews page, or as a floating button.
- Lastly, you can also use the link to display your unique Google My Business badge. This badge contains the actual rating your company has received as well as the number of online reviews on your listing (this widget actually updates in real-time!)
Using WP Review Slider Pro to Optimize Your Reviews
If you’re looking for an easy and convenient way to display your reviews, you should consider using a WordPress plugin. WP Review Slider Pro, for instance, allows you to collect reviews from 90+ platforms!
So, let’s take a look at some of this tool’s benefits:
- Manage your Reviews Better: WP Review Slider Pro allows you to customize and showcase all your reviews in a single location, for example, a beautiful testimonials page on your website. By having access to all reviews in the same dashboard, you can also keep them updated and choose the ones that best represent your brand!
- Conversion-Optimized: The plugin is designed to display your Google reviews in an attractive, conversion-optimized format. You can also get more reviews using forms on your website (they even support conditional logic) and easily grab customer reviews from Facebook, Yelp, TripAdvisor, and many other platforms. So, why stop at just Google reviews?
- Customization and Templates: With WP Review Slider Pro, you can give your reviews the look you want. The plugin includes eleven unique templates and gives you control over grids, floats, colors, and fonts. You can also use your own CSS and create child themes to fully take charge of your brand’s feedback.
- Verified Icons: You can also add verified icons next to your review so people know they are authentic opinions of your products and services. The icon can be customized, too, as well as whether you want to show stars, hearts, or any other elements for your ratings.
- Multi-Language and Multi-Location Support: WP Review Slider Pro includes an automatic language detector that can display reviews filtered by language. You can also display collections of reviews based on rating, word, character length, category, and many others.
- Reporting and Analytics: WP Review Slider Pro also offers powerful analytics through charts and graphs to keep track of your review and identify an upward or downward trend in reviews!
WP Review Slider Pro is incredibly flexible. Hear it from our happy customers – take a look at these examples and explore some of the plugin’s impressive capabilities!
I spent SO long searching to find a plugin which could do what on paper seemed a simple task – import reviews from a range of social media accounts, accept reviews on-site, and display them in a variety of formats on my site. The WP review slider plugin is absolutely perfect – does everything you could possibly need for social and on-site reviews, really easy to use, and looks beautiful too.– Katie, Director at Abridge Academy
It’s inexpensive, easy to implement and reasonably flexible. It can load reviews from multiple sources such as Google, Facebook, Trip Advisor, Yelp, etc. It has several display templates, a built in slider, and numerous filtering options. Buying this pro version is a no-brainer if displaying reviews in a professional manner is important to you.– Rooks Agency
Reviews can help build trust between your customers and your businesses, which, in turn, could lead to more sales for potential customers and repeat buyers. Making a review request from your clients is also a common practice, so business owners should not be scared to try them.
We have covered some easy ways to share your Google Reviews link and showed you an excellent plugin to showcase your brilliant reviews on your WordPress site. It’s also a great idea to always respond to the feedback you receive, as well as display opinions from multiple platforms on your website, and only showcase the positive customer experiences your customers have shared. Many businesses choose to create a dedicated testimonials page with all their reviews so others can instantly understand what makes your products and services special.
With WP Review Slider Pro, you can display Google reviews in various customized, attractive formats. The plugin is very easy to set up and includes several built-in templates.
WP Review Slider Pro has a 30-Day Money Back Guarantee and three pricing plans to fit your needs. What are you waiting for? Try WP Review Slider Pro today!